If you have more than one hard drive on your PC, you may want to install your games in a different location. This will allow you to free up space on your main drive or improve loading times for your favorite games. However, games are notorious for their large files and can quickly fill up your storage. You can learn how to move the games downloaded from Epic Games to a different hard drive.
If you have a game installed on your computer from the Epic Games Launcher, you can move it to another location using these steps:
- To move the game you downloaded from Epic Games to another drive, first, you will need to make sure that the new drive has enough space available.
- After that, you should start by making a backup of the game to move a game on your computer. To do this, go to the game installation directory, which is usually located at “C:\Program Files\Epic Games[Game Name],” and copy the game folder to another location on your computer.
- Next, open the Epic Games Launcher and click on the Library tab. Find the game you want to move, click on the three dots next to it, and select Uninstall.
- Once the game is uninstalled, click on it again in your Library to begin installing it. Choose the new location where you want the game to be installed, but cancel the installation once 2-3% of the game has been downloaded.
- Now, navigate to the new installation directory you selected and copy the backed-up game folder to this location. If you receive a warning about duplicate files, click on Replace to overwrite them.
- Finally, resume the installation process. Once the files are verified, you should be able to launch the game from the new location.