Developed by Steel Balalaika and published by Slitherine, Broken Arrow is a modern-day warfare strategy game that pits contemporary American and Russian armies against each other on NATO’s frontiers. It’s a large-scale real-time tactical game that combines a unique army-building system, deep unit customization, and over 200 realistic units. Broken Arrow‘s release date currently remains TBA.
Before each battle, players will build their army deck with slots for recon, infantry, fighting vehicles, support, logistics, helicopters, and airstrikes. Those slotting decisions need to consider both the terrain and your enemy’s likely force composition. You’ll also be able to customize your units with loadouts like extra fuel pods, slapped armor, or gear that will boost their combat effectiveness. You can even outfit special forces with their own weapons and equipment.
What Will Broken Arrow Offer?
If you’re a fan of the Steel Division series or Eugen’s recent RTS, you’ll enjoy Broken Arrow. Its factions are based on modern United States and Russian forces, boasting more than 100 units per nation. It’s a large-scale modern warfare tactics game that should be available in 2023.
Broken Arrow‘s units are split into seven categories based on their characteristics:
- Recon: infantry, vehicles, and drones specializing in spotting and marking the enemy position.
- Infantry: includes line infantry, shock troops, special forces, anti-tank teams, and anti-aircraft teams
- Fighting Vehicles: tanks, ATGM carriers, and fire support vehicles
- Support: artillery and anti-aircraft vehicles that provide long-range support on the battlefield.
- Logistical units: includes all units meant to improve combat efficiency by providing ammunition, repairs, medical supplies, and other services.
- Helicopters: contains multifunctional cavalry troops that are best utilized away from heat points.
- Airstrikes slot: includes an extensive variety of armaments, swarms of tactical missiles, and airdrops of troops, vehicles, and supplies.
If you want to get the most out of Broken Arrow, it’s a good idea to make sure that you have a high-end laptop or PC with an appropriate graphics card. This will ensure that the game runs smoothly on your machine.
You can now try the game with its demo version or add it to your wishlist on Steam and wait until the game releases.