Choosing between Blooket and Kahoot is hard. Kahoot has been around for years. However, Blooket is still young despite its sudden rise among teachers and students. Both educational games have their own pros and cons. In our article, we will take a look at the overall features of Blooket and Kahoot.
It’s important to understand what Blooket and Kahoot are, how they work, and their advantages and disadvantages. Whether they’re teachers or students, all users need to be sure they make the best choice for themselves.
What is Blooket?
Blooket is an online educational platform that allows students and teachers to play quiz-style games. The platform has been reviewed by educational experts and certified by various state education departments.
The game allows students to create their own games or join in on a class-wide review. It also allows teachers to assess their students’ performance. It is ideal for studying before tests. The company has also made its platform work like a whiteboard, so teachers can write notes on it. Here are all the main features of Blooket:
- Blooket has a large question library. Teachers can create or import their own question sets and use sets created by other educators.
- You can sign up for Blooket for free. However, there are also premium plans for those who would like to benefit from some additional features.
- The games can be set to end after a certain time period, depending on what you want.
- You can create your own questions and upload them to the Blooket set builder.
- Blooket has an event mode that includes tournaments, giveaways, and seasonal modes. These events can help build a sense of community among students.
- Blooket allows students to earn coins and rewards for correct answers. It also offers a rewards system for moving up in the leaderboard.
- Blooket also has a large support section. There are also FAQs, lengthy conversations, and other learning opportunities for new users.
What is Kahoot?
Like Blooket, Kahoot is also a platform where you can create quizzes and games in just a few minutes. You can also use Kahoot’s online platform to play a game or challenge in real-time.
Kahoot can be used to give students feedback, test what they know, and improve their learning. Kahoot has a game-based student response system. Unlike traditional quizzing systems, Kahoot is a fun way to engage students in learning. It can also help educators gauge the progress of their classes.
Kahoot has many features and a huge community. It has a good selection of games and a nice design. It offers email support and a knowledge base. Here are all the main features Kahoot offers you:
- Kahoot allows students to create their own quizzes. They can create multiple-choice questions and even add videos and images to questions. In addition, they can create true-false quizzes and polls. In fact, Kahoot has a built-in repository of quizzes created by users.
- Kahoot has a high number of users, with over 24 million worldwide. It is a popular alternative to other learning tools, such as flashcards and surveys. It has a free and a premium version with additional features.
- You can choose to play a game in individual or team mode. You can use the screen-sharing feature to collaborate with your teammates if you’re in a team.
- Kahoot is easy to use. It’s ideal for small to medium-sized groups of students.
Differences Between Blooket and Kahoot
Despite their similarities, Blooket and Kahoot are two separate learning platforms. Both are gamified learning platforms that combine knowledge with action. Here are some of the differences between Blooket and Kahoot:
- Kahoot has a hefty price tag, making it out of the reach of most schools.
- Kahoot is a great tool to engage students in short sessions, but it’s not recommended for complex assessments. It can also be hard to monitor all students progress.
- Unlike traditional quizzing systems, Kahoot doesn’t allow you to view individual students’ answers. This can lead to frustration for some students.
- Blooket is limited to multiple-choice questions.
- According to the law and Blooket’s terms, children under 13 shouldn’t create accounts. It’s quite a big number for an educational tool that aims to help students and teachers in the classroom.
- Many different hacks and third-party tools enable students to cheat in Blooket. This may cause students to lose their goals.